Video | Flu Shots and The Chiropractic Approach
Flu shots and The Chiropractic Approach.
First, let’s take a look at some of the studies that have been done on the effectiveness of the flu vaccine. A review of over 50 studies found that the flu vaccine was not effective in preventing the flu. In addition, in children under the age of two, or in adults over the age of 65. Another study found that people who got the flu vaccine were just as likely to get the flu as those who did not get vaccinated. Watch Flu Shots and The Chiropractic Approach.
Effectiveness of Flu Vaccine
Despite the widespread use of flu vaccines, studies show that they are not always effective in preventing the flu. In addition, children under two and adults over 65 have a lower response to the vaccine. Next, studies have also shown that people who receive the vaccine are as likely to contract the flu virus as those who do not.
Flu Epidemic of 1918
In addition, during the flu epidemic of 1918, chiropractic patients had significantly lower mortality rates compared to the general population. Next, chiropractors believed that subluxations of the spine could weaken the immune system by interfering with nerve function.
Flu Shots and The Chiropractic Approach to Health and Wellness
Chiropractic approaches health and wellness through natural means by correcting subluxations, promoting healthy nutrition, exercise, and stress management. Finally, this holistic approach can boost the immune system and help patients stay healthy and reduce their risk of getting the flu or other illnesses.
Natural Alternatives to Flu Vaccine
While individuals can choose to receive a flu vaccine. In addition, it is not always effective. A natural approach to staying healthy during flu season is to see a chiropractor who can correct subluxations and boost overall health and wellness.
Choosing a natural approach to staying healthy during flu season can be an effective alternative to relying solely on the flu vaccine. Chiropractors can help patients boost their immune system and combat the flu virus through a holistic approach to health and wellness.
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of chiropractic treatment for immune system improvement showed that chiropractic care can improve immune system function. (Teodorczyk-Injeyan et al., 2010)
- A study showed that people who received regular chiropractic care had higher levels of specific immune cells than those who did not receive chiropractic care. (Brennan et al., 1991)
- A study on exercise and the immune system showed that regular exercise can boost immune function and reduce the severity and incidence of respiratory infections. (Nieman, 2011)
- A study on nutrition and the immune system showed that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can boost immune function and reduce the risk of respiratory infections. (Brazier et al., 2021)
- A study on stress and the immune system showed that chronic stress can weaken immune function and increase the risk of respiratory infections. (Pedersen et al., 2018)