The Breech Presentation

The breech presentation was featured this month in our Inspire Healthy Living Newsletter.  Since 2003, Drs. Matt & Trish Hammett have specialized in Breech presentation treatment with certification in The Websters Technique. Together, Dr. Trish co-owns and operates with her husband the region’s largest chiropractic pregnancy and pediatric practice in Northern Indiana. She has lectured about the various breech presentations to Midwives, Douala’s, and Obstetricians throughout the region. This month we discussed a case study, which appeared in the scientific literature concerning breech presentation and colic in a newborn baby.

The study demonstrated a turning of the fetus from transverse breech to vertex position by ultrasound analysis. This presentation commonly occurs with our experience in our office after a specific chiropractic treatment plan is employed which utilizes the Webster’s Technique.  Also in the study, a colic baby newborn was adjusted utilizing light impulse finger adjustments.

We cannot overemphasize the terms, light impulse finger adjustments, because care for infants is not similar to adults in terms of technique, and pressure. In fact, often at the discreet of the doctor, we may utilize specialized instrumentation to correct the spinal misalignment’s occurring during the delivery process. In the study, the child was seen 8 times over a 4-week period. Improvements were seen after the first visit and her problems completely resolved after 8 visits. On one-year follow up the mom reported that the child was healthy and thriving and the colic never returned.

After being in business for over 10 years, one of the misconceptions about chiropractic care involves follow-up treatment. I wish to emphasize here, chiropractic care desiderates to follow the growing child from infancy to adolescents. The many falls acquired during the developmental stages thru puberty are many.

The Fallacy of Modern Medicine

Westernized medicine does not view these minor strains and sprains as detrimental to the human body. However, current research proves the opposite true. Essentially, by applying pressure of 10 mm HG to your back, at the level of spinal nerve compression, there is a blocking of the nerve pathway conductions.  During this blocking, once the pressure is applied, their spinal nerve conduction or function is reduced by as much as 50%. The other component we need to be aware of is that only 10% of nerve fibers are related to pain.  The other 90% of nerve fibers tell your body how to function.  Therefore, isn’t it possible that a spinal misalignment could not only cause pain but could also keep your body from functioning properly?

Chiropractic detects these changes in nerve blocking or interference through the developing child to ensure proper nervous system development, proper organ system development, and proper cellular development. This is what New Life Family Chiropractic Center is dedicated to. This is why more families are choosing chiropractic, to ensure proper healing and growth throughout a lifetime.

Here are a couple of videos by Dr. Matt Hammett on Chiropractic care and Pregnancy:

Optimal Positioning: Balancing The Pelvis

Pregnancy and The Chiropractic Approach

Keep in mind; chiropractic does not "treat" a particular condition.

Earlsfield Chiropractic care “corrects” a serious structural interference to the brain, nervous system, and energy function known as the subluxation.” – Dr. Trish Hammett

http://heathstreethealth.nhs.uk/?p=489 No matter what condition you or a loved one may have, you will always function better when free from subluxations. Chiropractors are uniquely trained to locate and correct subluxations.

Puerto Madryn  

Sources: Inspire Healthy Living – ISSUE 12,2012 | Chiropractic Journal, Dec., 1995, Vol. 10, Issue 3;

You may also like:

Cañon City Why Children Need Chiropractic" style="background: transparent url(https://www.newlifefamilychiropractic.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Bike-150x150.jpg) no-repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 150px; height: 150px;">
Why Children Need Chiropractic
Children need chiropractic, much more than you know. Here are...
Dr. Matt Hammett's Dynamism Biohack show is #6 in Top 15 Biohacking Podcast on the Web!
Wow! Just received this in my inbox.... So honored to be named th...
Midwives State Testimony
  Dr. Trish Hammett testified yesterday before the State ...