Video | 4 Natural Ways to Fix Plantar Fasciitis
4 natural ways to fix plantar fasciitis.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common foot conditions, affecting many people of all ages. Plantar fasciitis can be caused by various factors including standing for a long time, obesity, or high-impact activities such as running or jumping. Fortunately, there are natural ways to fix plantar fasciitis that can help relieve pain and discomfort without relying on medication or surgery. If you’re suffering from plantar fasciitis, Dr. Josh Axe provides some valuable insights.
One of the most effective natural treatments for plantar fasciitis is stretching. Dr. Matt Hammett recommends rolling your foot over a tennis ball or a foam roller to stretch out the plantar fascia. Another effective stretch involves standing with your toes against a wall and leaning forward to stretch out your calves. These stretches can help alleviate pain by reducing tension in the foot and leg muscles.
Footwear plays a significant role in plantar fasciitis. Shoes that don’t provide sufficient support can exacerbate the condition. Dr. Matt Hammett recommends wearing shoes with proper arch support and a cushioned sole to reduce pressure on the plantar fascia. Additionally, wearing shoes with a low heel can help redistribute the weight on your feet and reduce stress on the plantar fascia.
Good nutrition is essential for overall health as well as for treatment for plantar fasciitis. Dr. Matt Hammett recommends consuming foods that are high in anti-inflammatory properties like omega-3 fatty acids, turmeric, and ginger. These foods can help reduce swelling and inflammation in the foot, leading to reduced pain and discomfort associated with plantar fasciitis. Drinking plenty of water is also important to keep the body hydrated and reduce swelling.
Chiropractic and Physical Therapy
Chiropractic care can also be beneficial for those with plantar fasciitis. Chiropractors focus on the manual adjustment of joints, including the feet and ankles, to improve range of motion and reduce pain. Chiropractors may also use active release techniques or soft tissue mobilization to release tension in the plantar fascia and surrounding muscles.
Chiropractic and physical therapy can also work together to provide a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan for those with plantar fasciitis. A chiropractor can provide adjustments to realign the foot and ankle while a physical therapist can focus on exercises to strengthen the muscles, improve flexibility, and reduce pain.
Physical therapy exercises can be beneficial for healing plantar fasciitis. Dr. Matt Hammett recommends focusing on exercises that can help strengthen your foot muscles, such as toe curls, calf raises, and band stretches. Physical therapy can help improve circulation, reduce pain, and increase joint mobility, which is essential for healing plantar fasciitis.
Dr. Matt Hammett provides some natural and effective ways to fix plantar fasciitis. Stretching, wearing proper footwear, consuming proper nutrition and performing physical therapy exercises can help reduce pain and discomfort associated with plantar fasciitis. With consistent practice and patience, you can find relief and get back on your feet.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Matt Hammett and begin your journey towards healing from plantar fasciitis, please fill out the form below or call our office at 219-769-5433. Our team will work with you to find a convenient time for your appointment and answer any questions you may have about our treatment approach. Don’t let plantar fasciitis stand in the way of your daily activities. Take the first step towards a pain-free life by booking an appointment today.
- Lopes AD, Hespanhol Jr LC, Yeung SS, Costa LO. What are the main running-related musculoskeletal injuries? A systematic review. Sports Medicine. 2012; 42(10): 891-905.
- Renan-Ordine R, Alburquerque-Sendin F, De Souza DP, Cleland JA, Fernández-de-las-Peñas C. Effectiveness of myofascial trigger point manual therapy combined with a self-stretching protocol for the management of plantar heel pain: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. 2011; 41(2): 43-50.
- Rozenfeld E, Debi R, Milo R, et al. Orthopedic manual therapy versus electrophysical agents for the treatment of chronic plantar heel pain: a randomized, controlled trial. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. 2011; 24(4): 251-259.
- Shaw WS, Pfefer M, Bader JO. Chiropractic manipulative therapy for plantar heel pain: a case series. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 2008; 31(3): 210-219.
- Wong CK, Levine WN, DeWolf M, Mandracchia VJ. Severe plantar fasciitis successfully treated with chiropractic adjustments: a report of three cases. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2002; 1(4): 191-199.
- Williams V, Alcantara J. Chiropractic care of a patient with plantar fasciitis and ankle sprain. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2017; 16(3): 226-231.
- Wu KK, Chiu TT. The effectiveness of extracorporeal shock wave therapy on chronic plantar fasciitis: a systematic review. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2018; 97(9): 619-625.
- Yucel U, Kucuksen S, Cingoz HT, et al. The effect of chiropractic treatment on chronic plantar fasciitis: a case report. Journal of Physical Therapy Science. 2015; 27(9): 2911-2913.
- Zhang SP, Yip TP, Li QS. Acupuncture treatment for plantar fasciitis: a randomized controlled trial with six months follow-up. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2011; 2011: 154108.
You may also like:
Breastfeeding and The Chiropractic Approach. Doctors of chiroprac...
Tongue Tie and The Chiropractic Approach. As a husband and wife C...
Developmental Milestones & The Chiropractic Approach. In today’s ...
Chiropractic Approach for Painful Menses: A Natural and Holistic ...
The Dangers of Untreated Forward Head Posture. What no one's tell...
The Mechanome Come along with him on this hike, as he discuss a s...
Immunity and The Chiropractic Approach Immunity and chiropractic ...
Free Range Babies & Spinal Curve Development Chiropractic care fo...
Balancing Resilience in a Fight or Flight World with Wellness Exp...